Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Retail and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Insurance and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ), which rose 1.20% or 2.5000 points to trade at 210.1000 at the close. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) added 0.95% or 0.39 points to end at 41.51 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) was up 0.59% or 0.170 points to 28.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 3.47% or 0.800 points to trade at 22.250 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 2.72% or 4.08 points to end at 145.92 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) shed 2.53% or 2.75 points to 106.05.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which rose 2.69% to 30.50, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was up 2.57% to settle at 51.85 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which gained 1.38% to close at 41.870.
The worst performers were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 3.39% to 35.600 in late trade, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which lost 2.80% to settle at 11.12 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 2.41% to 22.3100 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which rose 8.07% to 3.897, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 3.07% to settle at 52.000 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which gained 2.13% to close at 67.100.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 6.20% to 28.75 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 2.45% to settle at 33.420 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 2.30% to 140.000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 395 to 275 and 105 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 10.54% to 16.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.24% or 2.90 to $1228.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.39% or 0.95 to hit $69.47 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.84% or 0.62 to trade at $74.06 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.10% to 1.1676, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8885.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 94.35.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.