Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Industrials , Software and Utilities sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Transportation & Logistics and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 5.34% or 5.170 points to trade at 102.050 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.45% or 0.320 points to end at 22.430 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 0.94% or 0.90 points to 96.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 4.04% or 2.76 points to trade at 65.55 in late trade. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) declined 3.20% or 3.650 points to end at 110.250 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 2.85% or 0.390 points to 13.300.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which rose 9.57% to 63.550, Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was up 3.35% to settle at 107.42 and Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which gained 2.94% to close at 33.9200.
The worst performers were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 6.07% to 452.25 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 5.06% to settle at 44.240 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 4.16% to 21.22 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which rose 7.48% to 30.1600, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was up 7.17% to settle at 12.710 and Corestate Capital Holding SA (DE: CCAG ) which gained 4.80% to close at 32.7500.
The worst performers were Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which was down 6.47% to 7.805 in late trade, Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which lost 6.00% to settle at 28.2000 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 4.32% to 77.450 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 375 to 307 and 93 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 6.29% to 17.74.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.04% or 0.55 to $1314.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.65% or 0.35 to hit $54.25 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.27% or 0.81 to trade at $64.42 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.18% to 1.1285, while EUR/GBP rose 0.59% to 0.8815.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 96.928.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.