Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Software , Food & Beverages and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Utilities and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which rose 1.26% or 1.16 points to trade at 92.90 at the close. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 0.95% or 0.52 points to end at 55.34 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) was up 0.38% or 0.400 points to 107.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which lost 3.75% or 1.860 points to trade at 47.760 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 3.26% or 0.740 points to end at 21.990 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) shed 3.20% or 2.260 points to 68.260.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 5.94% to 91.9000, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 2.64% to settle at 28.780 and Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which gained 2.57% to close at 15.9450.
The worst performers were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 4.96% to 31.020 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 2.79% to settle at 35.500 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 2.43% to 25.740 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 5.91% to 91.875, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 2.64% to settle at 28.780 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 1.74% to close at 59.720.
The worst performers were United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 1.82% to 28.620 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which lost 1.25% to settle at 27.750 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 1.16% to 55.450 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 451 to 260 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.92% to 15.13.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.33% or 18.65 to $1418.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.17% or 0.10 to hit $57.33 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 1.01% or 0.65 to trade at $63.80 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.1388, while EUR/GBP rose 0.31% to 0.8942.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 95.578.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.