Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Utilities , Technology and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 3.50% or 0.780 points to trade at 23.050 at the close. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) added 1.58% or 0.740 points to end at 47.530 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) was up 1.33% or 1.180 points to 89.740 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 4.76% or 5.100 points to trade at 102.000 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 4.10% or 0.318 points to end at 7.436 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 2.97% or 3.400 points to 111.100.
The top performers on the MDAX were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which rose 5.31% to 40.860, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 3.19% to settle at 27.500 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 2.81% to close at 81.120.
The worst performers were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 3.93% to 14.4100 in late trade, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 7.013 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 2.23% to 50.500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 2.81% to 81.120, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 2.65% to settle at 9.110 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 2.00% to close at 21.980.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 4.76% to 102.000 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 2.71% to settle at 13.630 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 1.60% to 83.000 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 377 to 323 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 9.36% to 16.36.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.48% or 6.20 to $1307.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $60.23 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.50% or 0.34 to trade at $68.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.53% to 1.1350, while EUR/GBP rose 0.57% to 0.8696.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.87% at 96.025.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.