Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Consumer & Cyclical and Utilities sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Chemicals , Transportation & Logistics and Financial Services sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 1.39% or 0.76 points to trade at 55.43 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 1.18% or 1.48 points to end at 126.40 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 0.84% or 2.20 points to 264.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Linde PLC (DE: LINI ), which lost 2.22% or 3.750 points to trade at 165.450 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 2.20% or 0.142 points to end at 6.305 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 1.80% or 1.100 points to 59.890.
The top performers on the MDAX were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which rose 4.39% to 14.495, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 2.74% to settle at 172.300 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 2.29% to close at 36.600.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 4.09% to 2.483 in late trade, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which lost 2.50% to settle at 41.380 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was down 2.11% to 6.532 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 8.11% to 23.720, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 350.00 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 2.74% to close at 172.300.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 4.09% to 2.483 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 1.59% to settle at 9.2660 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 1.32% to 30.620 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 343 to 343 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.24% to 16.77.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.48% or 6.10 to $1277.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.14% or 0.67 to hit $59.30 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.09% or 0.06 to trade at $68.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.26% to 1.1167, while EUR/GBP fell 0.11% to 0.8819.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.36% at 97.828.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.