Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.37%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Media , Construction and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Transportation & Logistics and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.37%, while the MDAX index fell 0.11%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.67%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 3.41% or 4.85 points to trade at 147.27 at the close. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) added 1.59% or 1.44 points to end at 91.98 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) was up 1.36% or 0.780 points to 58.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 8.11% or 1.527 points to trade at 17.308 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 2.12% or 1.970 points to end at 90.890 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 2.05% or 1.190 points to 56.970.
The top performers on the MDAX were Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which rose 5.97% to 31.4300, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was up 2.51% to settle at 50.72 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 2.43% to close at 46.380.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 3.44% to 75.34 in late trade, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which lost 3.48% to settle at 25.655 and Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 2.95% to 33.58 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 19.12% to 10.3250, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 4.24% to settle at 14.74 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which gained 3.68% to close at 47.920.
The worst performers were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 5.95% to 33.820 in late trade, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which lost 4.58% to settle at 13.550 and Rational AG (DE: RAAG ) which was down 4.33% to 508.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 362 to 305 and 29 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.51% to 22.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.54% or 6.70 to $1225.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.57% or 0.38 to hit $66.66 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.05% or 0.81 to trade at $76.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.05% to 1.1366, while EUR/GBP rose 0.44% to 0.8929.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 96.61.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or