Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Utilities , Media and Software sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Telecoms and Industrials sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 2.21% or 2.060 points to trade at 95.240 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 1.70% or 0.153 points to end at 9.163 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.41% or 0.270 points to 19.390 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 2.65% or 0.550 points to trade at 20.220 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 2.50% or 0.540 points to end at 21.040 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) shed 1.61% or 0.460 points to 28.050.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 1.97% to 63.26, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was up 1.75% to settle at 23.8300 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 1.61% to close at 31.520.
The worst performers were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 1.80% to 37.170 in late trade, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which lost 1.50% to settle at 461.00 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 1.31% to 108.95 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 4.34% to 145.500, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was up 4.04% to settle at 56.70 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 3.79% to close at 88.900.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 6.92% to 8.716 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 1.94% to settle at 35.400 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 1.83% to 13.405 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 387 to 338 and 60 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.12% to 18.74.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.50% or 6.30 to $1262.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 3.14% or 2.14 to hit $70.22 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.89% or 1.41 to trade at $75.96 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.32% to 1.1667, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8813.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.29% at 94.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.