Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.29%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Technology , Media and Software sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Consumer & Cyclical and Chemicals sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 0.29%, while the MDAX index fell 0.24%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.12%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 4.43% or 2.880 points to trade at 67.940 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.37% or 0.225 points to end at 16.695 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 1.30% or 0.420 points to 32.780 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which lost 2.67% or 2.480 points to trade at 90.340 in late trade. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) declined 2.37% or 2.65 points to end at 109.05 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 2.12% or 1.880 points to 86.980.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which rose 3.50% to 37.260, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 2.78% to settle at 14.41 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which gained 2.10% to close at 72.800.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 4.64% to 0.39 in late trade, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which lost 2.79% to settle at 41.120 and Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which was down 2.66% to 29.960 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 12.77% to 16.645, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was up 4.41% to settle at 28.900 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 3.46% to close at 80.650.
The worst performers were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.43% to 34.55 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 14.230 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 3.31% to 17.820 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 363 to 337 and 109 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.80% to 18.74.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.35% or 18.00 to $1314.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 1.56% or 1.00 to hit $62.91 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.26% or 0.85 to trade at $66.44 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.74% to 1.2226, while EUR/GBP fell 0.23% to 0.8800.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.67% at 90.37.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or