Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Telecoms and Food & Beverages sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Consumer & Cyclical and Chemicals sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 4.15% or 0.324 points to trade at 8.140 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 2.83% or 0.355 points to end at 12.915 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) was up 2.19% or 2.300 points to 107.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 3.37% or 1.650 points to trade at 47.380 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 2.58% or 0.510 points to end at 19.285 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) shed 2.35% or 5.00 points to 207.40.
The top performers on the MDAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which rose 7.21% to 7.662, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was up 2.74% to settle at 35.200 and Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which gained 2.27% to close at 14.6250.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 19.69% to 17.740 in late trade, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which lost 4.53% to settle at 31.220 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 2.56% to 83.7000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 6.16% to 13.620, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 5.59% to settle at 12.945 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 2.19% to close at 107.300.
The worst performers were Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 4.53% to 31.220 in late trade, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which lost 2.96% to settle at 34.45 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 2.91% to 51.750 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 369 to 330 and 84 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.86% to 13.66.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.05% or 0.65 to $1302.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.87% or 0.51 to hit $59.33 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.58% or 0.39 to trade at $67.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1328, while EUR/GBP rose 0.51% to 0.8562.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 96.058.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.