Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Transportation & Logistics and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Media , Software and Technology sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 1.73% or 1.160 points to trade at 68.240 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.66% or 0.360 points to end at 22.040 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 1.56% or 1.52 points to 98.94 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 4.72% or 6.300 points to trade at 127.050 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 2.51% or 0.202 points to end at 7.858 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.99% or 1.36 points to 67.04.
The top performers on the MDAX were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which rose 3.16% to 27.780, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was up 2.60% to settle at 26.800 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 2.18% to close at 10.77.
The worst performers were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 3.14% to 14.9500 in late trade, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which lost 1.83% to settle at 6.974 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 1.51% to 32.010 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 4.85% to 12.650, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 3.55% to settle at 8.900 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which gained 2.76% to close at 32.740.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 4.72% to 127.050 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 4.35% to settle at 6.60 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 1.90% to 51.650 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 357 to 322 and 102 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.05% to 14.70.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.62% or 7.95 to $1299.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.12% or 0.07 to hit $56.86 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.09 to trade at $66.67 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.42% to 1.1294, while EUR/GBP rose 1.09% to 0.8643.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 96.938.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.