Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Insurance , Retail and Utilities sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Construction and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 3.80% or 0.830 points to trade at 22.680 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 1.08% or 0.092 points to end at 8.624 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 0.96% or 0.098 points to 10.354 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which lost 2.25% or 0.650 points to trade at 28.280 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 2.20% or 0.470 points to end at 20.850 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 1.34% or 0.940 points to 69.300.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 1.82% to 48.61, K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which was up 1.17% to settle at 21.540 and Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which gained 1.01% to close at 59.900.
The worst performers were Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which was down 1.70% to 10.1000 in late trade, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which lost 1.20% to settle at 29.56 and Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was down 1.19% to 7.085 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 2.55% to 17.865, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 2.47% to settle at 159.450 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 1.83% to close at 18.960.
The worst performers were Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 1.64% to 40.760 in late trade, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which lost 1.60% to settle at 46.710 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 1.39% to 9.540 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 390 to 309 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.85% to 16.21.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.53% or 6.50 to $1224.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.79% or 0.54 to hit $67.72 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.56% or 0.41 to trade at $72.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.1701, while EUR/GBP rose 0.04% to 0.8930.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 94.35.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.