Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Basic Resources and Software sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Telecoms and Utilities sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 1.36% or 0.082 points to trade at 6.109 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 1.24% or 1.850 points to end at 151.300 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 1.08% or 0.720 points to 67.420 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 11.56% or 2.045 points to trade at 15.645 in late trade. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) declined 1.92% or 1.70 points to end at 86.78 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 1.85% or 2.30 points to 122.10.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 3.12% to 95.850, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 3.12% to settle at 31.740 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which gained 2.44% to close at 22.68.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 9.14% to 24.860 in late trade, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which lost 7.61% to settle at 29.240 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 4.87% to 67.22 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 3.12% to 31.7400, Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was up 3.12% to settle at 95.850 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which gained 2.74% to close at 10.50.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 9.14% to 24.860 in late trade, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which lost 7.61% to settle at 29.240 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 6.87% to 19.39 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 379 to 326 and 70 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.13% to 14.94.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.03% or 0.45 to $1344.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.40% or 0.21 to hit $52.30 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.74% or 0.46 to trade at $61.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1224, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8940.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 96.993.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.