Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Media and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Utilities and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 1.57% or 1.380 points to trade at 89.120 at the close. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) added 1.44% or 1.200 points to end at 84.390 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 1.36% or 1.92 points to 143.38 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 3.04% or 2.420 points to trade at 77.160 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 1.60% or 0.152 points to end at 9.345 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 1.53% or 0.153 points to 9.861.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 3.74% to 61.04, Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was up 3.61% to settle at 63.100 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which gained 3.12% to close at 39.39.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 1.94% to 58.000 in late trade, Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which lost 1.16% to settle at 23.96 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 1.11% to 30.36 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 2.79% to 75.650, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 2.43% to settle at 11.570 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which gained 2.27% to close at 35.120.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 4.83% to 14.390 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 4.60% to settle at 20.760 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 2.86% to 31.200 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 364 to 343 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.14% to 14.55.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.12% or 1.40 to $1214.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.36% or 0.25 to hit $68.62 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $76.52 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.35% to 1.1719, while EUR/GBP rose 0.33% to 0.9092.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 94.44.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.