Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Utilities , Technology and Financial Services sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Food & Beverages and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 2.25% or 0.90 points to trade at 40.66 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 1.99% or 0.445 points to end at 22.815 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.79% or 1.700 points to 96.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which lost 1.50% or 2.60 points to trade at 170.75 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 1.31% or 0.300 points to end at 22.560 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.16% or 1.25 points to 106.15.
The top performers on the MDAX were Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which rose 3.89% to 25.880, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which was up 1.81% to settle at 71.600 and Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which gained 1.53% to close at 84.930.
The worst performers were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 2.78% to 42.525 in late trade, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which lost 2.57% to settle at 3.00 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 1.91% to 135.95 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 3.84% to 12.030, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 3.50% to settle at 24.530 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which gained 3.44% to close at 12.020.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 4.00% to 11.395 in late trade, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which lost 2.73% to settle at 256.10 and Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 1.84% to 47.31 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 388 to 364 and 36 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.43% to 14.02.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.89% or 11.40 to $1266.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.26% or 0.15 to hit $57.62 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.58% or 0.36 to trade at $62.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.39% to 1.1820, while EUR/GBP fell 0.12% to 0.8791.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.29% at 93.32.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.