Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Technology , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Utilities and Chemicals sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 1.29% or 0.92 points to trade at 72.35 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 0.94% or 0.185 points to end at 19.845 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 0.69% or 0.64 points to 93.18 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 2.23% or 1.540 points to trade at 67.440 in late trade. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) declined 2.16% or 2.600 points to end at 117.900 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) shed 1.89% or 2.850 points to 147.900.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 4.62% to 53.04, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was up 4.61% to settle at 96.16 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which gained 2.49% to close at 25.550.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 1.95% to 32.11 in late trade, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which lost 1.90% to settle at 7.234 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 1.70% to 492.50 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 4.23% to 13.300, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 3.59% to settle at 8.0260 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 2.43% to close at 143.600.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 2.46% to 26.2200 in late trade, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which lost 2.16% to settle at 117.900 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 0.83% to 35.95 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 417 to 274 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.05% to 15.06 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.86% or 11.15 to $1288.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.81% or 0.45 to hit $56.25 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.32% or 0.21 to trade at $65.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.42% to 1.1326, while EUR/GBP fell 0.13% to 0.8601.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 96.640.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.