Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.07%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Utilities and Software sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Media and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.07% to hit a new all time high, while the MDAX index declined 0.11%, and the TecDAX index added 0.57%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 1.55% or 0.345 points to trade at 22.595 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 1.43% or 1.190 points to end at 84.390 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 1.19% or 1.10 points to 93.71 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 2.86% or 0.825 points to trade at 28.045 in late trade. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) declined 2.62% or 0.410 points to end at 15.230 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) shed 2.14% or 4.00 points to 183.00.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which rose 2.30% to 72.970, Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which was up 2.01% to settle at 81.860 and Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which gained 1.39% to close at 66.960.
The worst performers were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 1.69% to 116.650 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 1.64% to settle at 58.600 and Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was down 1.49% to 50.190 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.97% to 18.675, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was up 3.12% to settle at 95.090 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 2.68% to close at 82.040.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 1.96% to 14.255 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 0.89% to settle at 80.000 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 0.83% to 29.300 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 399 to 360 and 23 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.06% to 12.01.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.02% or 12.97 to $1282.17 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 2.61% or 1.45 to hit $57.09 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 2.77% or 1.72 to trade at $63.79 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.01% to 1.1606, while EUR/GBP fell 0.62% to 0.8822.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 94.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or