Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Chemicals , Construction and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Software sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 2.56% or 1.030 points to trade at 41.260 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 2.50% or 0.165 points to end at 6.756 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) was up 2.24% or 2.58 points to 117.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 2.29% or 1.090 points to trade at 46.480 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 1.33% or 0.940 points to end at 69.700 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 1.30% or 1.900 points to 144.400.
The top performers on the MDAX were Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which rose 2.18% to 54.280, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was up 1.85% to settle at 51.62 and Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which gained 1.62% to close at 35.200.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 4.11% to 63.000 in late trade, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which lost 2.68% to settle at 23.960 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 2.23% to 30.660 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which rose 1.46% to 24.350, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was up 1.30% to settle at 124.60 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 0.89% to close at 91.150.
The worst performers were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 2.87% to 69.400 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 2.48% to settle at 6.300 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 2.23% to 30.660 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 330 to 322 and 105 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.22% to 13.79.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.42% or 5.85 to $1412.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.27% or 0.16 to hit $60.36 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.44% or 0.29 to trade at $66.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.1266, while EUR/GBP fell 0.23% to 0.8966.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 96.472.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.