Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Software , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Financial Services sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Telecoms and Utilities sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 16.79% or 17.675 points to trade at 122.950 at the close. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) added 1.96% or 1.80 points to end at 93.76 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) was up 1.19% or 1.040 points to 88.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 2.08% or 0.330 points to trade at 15.555 in late trade. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) declined 1.62% or 0.860 points to end at 52.170 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 1.27% or 1.90 points to 147.66.
The top performers on the MDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 5.06% to 120.500, Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was up 3.35% to settle at 70.900 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 2.41% to close at 20.800.
The worst performers were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was down 3.02% to 39.16 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 2.51% to settle at 37.26 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 1.94% to 18.2000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which rose 9.68% to 48.040, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which was up 7.51% to settle at 54.400 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 3.88% to close at 268.00.
The worst performers were Stabilus (DE: STAB ) which was down 10.55% to 48.66 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 4.34% to settle at 9.91 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 4.17% to 21.140 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 367 to 330 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.12% to 16.08 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.27% or 3.55 to $1318.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.88% or 1.04 to hit $54.22 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.81% or 0.51 to trade at $62.24 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1437, while EUR/GBP rose 0.05% to 0.8756.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 95.537.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.