Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Technology and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Utilities and Insurance sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.98% or 3.950 points to trade at 136.300 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 2.77% or 0.580 points to end at 21.520 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 2.46% or 0.440 points to 18.340 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 3.40% or 0.292 points to trade at 8.300 in late trade. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) declined 1.81% or 2.050 points to end at 111.200 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 1.44% or 0.131 points to 8.979.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 6.12% to 87.44, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was up 5.59% to settle at 46.270 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 4.25% to close at 82.000.
The worst performers were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 1.99% to 45.340 in late trade, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which lost 1.69% to settle at 36.740 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 1.45% to 23.110 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which rose 13.20% to 3.52, Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was up 5.82% to settle at 40.000 and Grenke N AG (DE: GLJn ) which gained 4.20% to close at 76.85.
The worst performers were Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which was down 5.60% to 1.8370 in late trade, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which lost 3.11% to settle at 12.610 and Koenig & Bauer AG ST O.N. (DE: SKBG ) which was down 2.69% to 42.000 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 434 to 269 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.39% to 19.71.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.14% or 1.70 to $1231.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 2.64% or 1.33 to hit $51.62 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.73% or 1.02 to trade at $60.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.11% to 1.1378, while EUR/GBP rose 0.45% to 0.8903.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 96.770.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.