Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.58%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Retail , Technology and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 0.58%, while the MDAX index declined 0.60%, and the TecDAX index declined 0.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 1.00% or 0.090 points to trade at 9.062 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 0.57% or 0.75 points to end at 131.95 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 0.42% or 0.155 points to 37.425 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 1.86% or 0.450 points to trade at 23.695 in late trade. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) declined 1.77% or 0.170 points to end at 9.423 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) shed 1.57% or 2.75 points to 172.00.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which rose 3.80% to 72.932, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was up 2.68% to settle at 20.100 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which gained 1.31% to close at 69.74.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 4.25% to 42.83 in late trade, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which lost 2.03% to settle at 36.750 and K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which was down 1.92% to 23.495 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 1.88% to 70.040, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 1.57% to settle at 47.370 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 1.38% to close at 246.30.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 2.94% to 62.740 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 2.50% to settle at 79.280 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 2.04% to 24.200 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 416 to 315 and 30 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 9.21% to 13.22.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.07% or 0.87 to $1245.83 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 2.52% or 1.12 to hit $43.31 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 2.22% or 1.04 to trade at $45.87 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.24% to 1.1122, while EUR/GBP rose 0.73% to 0.8815.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 97.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or