The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 2.20% or 0.77 points to trade at 35.55 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 0.39% or 0.330 points to end at 85.750 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) was up 0.29% or 0.60 points to 209.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 5.95% or 2.450 points to trade at 38.735 in late trade. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) declined 3.40% or 1.120 points to end at 31.775 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 2.73% or 2.4200 points to 86.1800.
The top performers on the MDAX were Deutsche Wohnen AG Inh (DE: DWNG ) which rose 2.68% to 33.735, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was up 0.86% to settle at 111.900 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which gained 0.86% to close at 93.360.
The worst performers were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 6.88% to 14.90 in late trade, RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which lost 6.34% to settle at 67.910 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was down 5.12% to 108.50 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 3.99% to 45.000, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 2.38% to settle at 75.290 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 2.17% to close at 12.685.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 4.90% to 13.390 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 4.14% to settle at 23.745 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 3.64% to 52.910 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 473 to 291 and 18 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.39% to 13.16.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.41% or 4.94 to $1223.84 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.31% or 0.62 to hit $47.95 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.31% or 0.66 to trade at $50.88 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.0866, while EUR/GBP rose 0.49% to 0.8440.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 99.52.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.