The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which fell 0.28% or 0.060 points to trade at 21.450 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) fell 0.57% or 0.380 points to end at 66.300 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was down 0.74% or 0.33 points to 44.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 14.93% or 19.450 points to trade at 110.850 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 6.44% or 0.508 points to end at 7.385 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 4.97% or 0.790 points to 15.110.
The top performers on the MDAX were Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which rose 0.37% to 13.430, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 0.23% to settle at 35.28 and Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which lost 0.26% to close at 7.680.
The worst performers were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 17.89% to 19.797 in late trade, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which lost 6.39% to settle at 17.5200 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was down 6.25% to 6.109 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Befesa SA (DE: BFSA ) which rose 2.68% to 40.20, Grenke N AG (DE: GLJn ) which was up 1.95% to settle at 83.85 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which gained 1.52% to close at 49.380.
The worst performers were Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which was down 8.75% to 1.6370 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 6.67% to settle at 12.040 and Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was down 5.77% to 2.21 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 586 to 111 and 77 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 16.37% to 17.91.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.00% or 0.05 to $1314.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.57% or 1.93 to hit $52.08 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 2.79% or 1.75 to trade at $60.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.05% to 1.1355, while EUR/GBP fell 0.33% to 0.8753.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 96.238.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.