The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which fell 0.21% or 0.120 points to trade at 57.060 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) fell 0.73% or 0.630 points to end at 85.790 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was down 1.11% or 2.10 points to 186.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 4.46% or 4.16 points to trade at 89.20 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 4.29% or 1.78 points to end at 39.70 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 4.15% or 0.292 points to 6.750.
The top performers on the MDAX were Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which rose 4.54% to 31.78, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 2.18% to settle at 93.800 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 1.78% to close at 22.93.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 5.22% to 87.2000 in late trade, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which lost 4.67% to settle at 5.538 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 4.57% to 42.620 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which unchanged 4.09% to 0.10, SAF Holland SA (DE: SFQN ) which was up 1.36% to settle at 11.200 and Befesa SA (DE: BFSA ) which gained 1.10% to close at 36.70.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 11.80% to 8.82 in late trade, ADO Properties SARL (DE: ADJ ) which lost 5.72% to settle at 44.84 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 4.57% to 42.620 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 571 to 167 and 41 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 21.14% to 25.33 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.77% or 9.75 to $1279.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 3.35% or 1.56 to hit $45.05 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 3.47% or 1.92 to trade at $53.37 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.61% to 1.1422, while EUR/GBP rose 0.61% to 0.9042.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.43% at 96.165.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.