The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 0.80% or 0.560 points to trade at 70.560 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 0.28% or 0.050 points to end at 18.175 and Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) was up 0.05% or 0.1000 points to 219.0000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 9.52% or 7.29 points to trade at 69.25 in late trade. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) declined 7.82% or 13.700 points to end at 161.600 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 3.42% or 0.610 points to 17.245.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which rose 1.62% to 132.10, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 0.53% to settle at 33.98 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which gained 0.10% to close at 38.840.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 8.17% to 85.380 in late trade, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which lost 7.69% to settle at 32.88 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 6.53% to 16.240 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 2.17% to 8.206, DWS Group GmbH & Co KgaA (DE: DWSG ) which was up 1.56% to settle at 23.77 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which gained 0.31% to close at 25.920.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 9.11% to 8.5840 in late trade, Koenig & Bauer AG ST O.N. (DE: SKBG ) which lost 8.17% to settle at 44.080 and Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which was down 7.31% to 1.9020 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 648 to 81 and 51 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.54% to 19.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.20% or 14.70 to $1235.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 4.29% or 2.97 to hit $66.20 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 4.41% or 3.52 to trade at $76.31 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.17% to 1.1485, while EUR/GBP fell 0.09% to 0.8840.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 95.58.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.