The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 0.50% or 0.21 points to trade at 42.17 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 0.45% or 0.500 points to end at 111.650 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 0.39% or 0.38 points to 97.34 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 7.34% or 1.335 points to trade at 16.855 in late trade. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) declined 5.53% or 5.265 points to end at 89.905 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 3.62% or 5.700 points to 151.700.
The top performers on the MDAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which rose 2.24% to 17.3500, RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was up 1.53% to settle at 52.950 and MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which gained 1.26% to close at 184.90.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 6.08% to 4.342 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 5.95% to settle at 124.800 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 5.80% to 84.52 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which rose 2.88% to 11.06, TLG Immobilien AG (DE: TLGG ) which was up 2.54% to settle at 24.24 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 1.16% to close at 9.580.
The worst performers were S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 15.72% to 18.61 in late trade, Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which lost 8.76% to settle at 126.10 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 8.32% to 9.2600 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 539 to 174 and 71 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.48% to 17.18.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.19% or 2.30 to $1204.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.20% or 0.72 to hit $60.91 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.33% or 0.93 to trade at $71.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.73% to 1.1253, while EUR/GBP rose 0.18% to 0.8751.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.56% at 97.28.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.