The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 3.04% or 0.700 points to trade at 23.750 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 0.72% or 0.800 points to end at 111.900 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 0.67% or 1.40 points to 209.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 4.23% or 2.040 points to trade at 46.240 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 3.52% or 0.450 points to end at 12.325 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 3.23% or 1.98 points to 59.30.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which rose 0.78% to 7.775, LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was up 0.56% to settle at 106.800 and Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which gained 0.51% to close at 13.830.
The worst performers were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 4.99% to 34.290 in late trade, K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which lost 4.93% to settle at 16.205 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 4.65% to 48.440 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 1.77% to 8.4160, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 0.98% to settle at 27.9200 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 0.48% to close at 316.50.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 4.23% to 8.725 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 3.53% to settle at 6.01 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 2.91% to 22.660 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 538 to 172 and 71 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 11.43% to 18.23 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.29% or 3.75 to $1311.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.87% or 1.12 to hit $58.86 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.65% or 1.12 to trade at $66.74 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.78% to 1.1284, while EUR/GBP fell 1.43% to 0.8550.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 96.208.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.