Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 1.57%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Software and Retail sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 1.57% to hit a new 1-month low, while the MDAX index declined 1.72%, and the TecDAX index fell 3.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which fell 0.12% or 0.10 points to trade at 82.56 at the close. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) fell 0.32% or 0.085 points to end at 26.530 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was down 0.40% or 0.500 points to 123.600 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 4.77% or 7.675 points to trade at 153.225 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 3.31% or 0.400 points to end at 11.700 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 2.95% or 1.410 points to 46.340.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which rose 4.85% to 23.36, Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was up 4.66% to settle at 7.722 and Knorr-Bremse AG (DE: KBX ) which gained 2.53% to close at 99.35.
The worst performers were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 8.86% to 100.800 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 7.35% to settle at 62.780 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was down 6.82% to 23.350 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 4.71% to 8.90, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 4.13% to settle at 24.700 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 1.29% to close at 2.515.
The worst performers were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 8.86% to 100.800 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 7.35% to settle at 62.780 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 5.62% to 89.375 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 561 to 135 and 77 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 8.17% to 18.14.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.26% or 3.30 to $1280.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.17% or 0.69 to hit $58.45 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.66% or 1.14 to trade at $67.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.26% to 1.1131, while EUR/GBP rose 0.02% to 0.8821.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 98.062.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or