The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 1.41% or 0.690 points to trade at 49.510 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 1.40% or 1.220 points to end at 88.560 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 1.34% or 0.130 points to 9.824 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 10.09% or 7.03 points to trade at 62.67 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) declined 4.94% or 3.740 points to end at 71.980 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 3.60% or 4.000 points to 107.100.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which rose 2.14% to 69.300, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was up 1.97% to settle at 27.940 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 0.90% to close at 84.3500.
The worst performers were Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was down 6.24% to 38.160 in late trade, Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which lost 4.08% to settle at 126.80 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 3.62% to 44.780 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 1.60% to 8.875, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 1.14% to settle at 309.50 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 0.90% to close at 84.350.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 3.60% to 107.100 in late trade, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which lost 3.11% to settle at 34.25 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 2.29% to 8.1200 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 511 to 201 and 64 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 12.23% to 14.96.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.60% or 7.85 to $1314.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.16% or 0.69 to hit $59.98 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.99% or 0.67 to trade at $68.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.55% to 1.1411, while EUR/GBP rose 0.87% to 0.8626.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.41% at 95.442.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.