The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 1.40% or 1.360 points to trade at 98.740 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 0.34% or 0.400 points to end at 118.850 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was down 0.08% or 0.15 points to 185.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 4.27% or 0.920 points to trade at 20.630 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 2.36% or 2.23 points to end at 92.40 and Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) shed 2.29% or 4.9000 points to 209.1000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which rose 1.03% to 29.30, Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which was up 0.57% to settle at 36.790 and Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which gained 0.43% to close at 70.200.
The worst performers were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 3.09% to 37.600 in late trade, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which lost 2.98% to settle at 30.600 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 2.99% to 11.21 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 2.29% to 71.350, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 1.52% to settle at 140.600 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 1.06% to close at 19.100.
The worst performers were Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 3.49% to 132.80 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 3.40% to settle at 9.844 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 3.27% to 23.08 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 561 to 159 and 62 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 11.28% to 15.87.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.69% or 8.70 to $1246.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 2.43% or 1.80 to hit $72.31 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 3.31% or 2.61 to trade at $76.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.19% to 1.1722, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8854.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 94.09.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.