The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 1.71% or 0.82 points to trade at 48.82 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 0.75% or 0.740 points to end at 99.140 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 0.42% or 0.040 points to 9.562 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 8.54% or 1.232 points to trade at 13.188 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 4.66% or 0.858 points to end at 17.558 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 4.38% or 5.86 points to 127.88.
The top performers on the MDAX were LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which rose 1.85% to 110.400, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was up 0.96% to settle at 42.180 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which gained 0.89% to close at 20.380.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 8.29% to 71.060 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 6.68% to settle at 33.930 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 5.19% to 86.7500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which fell 0.14% to 139.30, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 0.17% to settle at 86.750 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) which lost 0.31% to close at 109.900.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 8.29% to 71.060 in late trade, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which lost 6.18% to settle at 20.64 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which was down 5.36% to 30.000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 537 to 161 and 80 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.10% to 19.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.06% or 13.65 to $1301.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.44% or 0.89 to hit $60.77 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.15% or 0.81 to trade at $69.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1236, while EUR/GBP rose 0.35% to 0.8675.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 97.097.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.