The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 2.35% or 0.275 points to trade at 12.000 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 1.70% or 0.250 points to end at 14.990 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 0.51% or 1.00 points to 197.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 9.21% or 2.610 points to trade at 25.740 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 4.67% or 8.60 points to end at 175.50 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 3.76% or 0.910 points to 23.275.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 3.27% to 14.84, Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was up 1.62% to settle at 109.95 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 0.27% to close at 41.12.
The worst performers were Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was down 3.36% to 100.650 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 3.31% to settle at 54.580 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 3.00% to 23.740 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which rose 0.69% to 36.65, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 0.05% to settle at 4.266 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which lost 0.54% to close at 47.210.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 17.17% to 34.455 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 7.39% to settle at 11.345 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 7.39% to 7.635 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 599 to 164 and 25 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 13.16% to 14.30 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.27% or 3.48 to $1287.18 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.79% or 0.45 to hit $57.26 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.79% or 0.50 to trade at $63.99 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.46% to 1.1648, while EUR/GBP rose 0.28% to 0.8865.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.40% at 94.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.