The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 3.08% or 2.31 points to trade at 77.32 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 2.11% or 3.300 points to end at 159.550 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.26% or 0.215 points to 17.320 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 3.99% or 3.58 points to trade at 86.16 in late trade. Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) declined 3.38% or 6.38 points to end at 182.28 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 3.11% or 0.640 points to 19.920.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which rose 7.02% to 4.694, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 2.08% to settle at 92.280 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 1.90% to close at 80.3500.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 5.48% to 30.00 in late trade, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which lost 4.42% to settle at 12.33 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was down 3.97% to 116.10 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 26.70% to 21.0000, Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which was up 6.57% to settle at 4.674 and Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which gained 5.10% to close at 2.88.
The worst performers were Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which was down 8.33% to 2.0260 in late trade, Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which lost 6.93% to settle at 44.3500 and Indus Holding AG (DE: INHG ) which was down 5.62% to 47.000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 610 to 127 and 41 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 9.53% to 18.73 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 2.53% or 30.20 to $1223.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 1.98% or 1.45 to hit $71.72 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 2.12% or 1.76 to trade at $81.33 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.47% to 1.1576, while EUR/GBP rose 0.41% to 0.8769.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 94.86.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.