The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 0.44% or 0.058 points to trade at 13.316 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 0.33% or 0.58 points to end at 177.60 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 0.16% or 0.050 points to 30.840 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 4.80% or 3.380 points to trade at 67.100 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 2.97% or 2.760 points to end at 90.240 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 2.62% or 1.04 points to 38.67.
The top performers on the MDAX were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which rose 1.56% to 15.580, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was up 1.54% to settle at 40.900 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which gained 0.78% to close at 71.300.
The worst performers were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 11.80% to 14.12 in late trade, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which lost 3.68% to settle at 35.060 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 3.33% to 87.800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.97% to 15.415, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 3.90% to settle at 100.000 and Software AG (DE: SOWG ) which gained 2.89% to close at 44.890.
The worst performers were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 11.24% to 39.50 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 7.42% to settle at 123.600 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 6.45% to 9.940 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 478 to 263 and 71 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 10.12% to 17.62 a new 3-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.21% or 2.80 to $1345.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.19% or 0.77 to hit $65.50 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.64% or 0.44 to trade at $69.33 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.64% to 1.2492, while EUR/GBP rose 0.23% to 0.8767.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.40% at 88.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.