The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 0.66% or 0.054 points to trade at 8.191 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.34% or 0.065 points to end at 19.375 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 0.11% or 0.010 points to 9.062 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 4.23% or 0.940 points to trade at 21.270 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 2.70% or 5.10 points to end at 184.00 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) shed 2.67% or 2.670 points to 97.280.
The top performers on the MDAX were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which rose 3.72% to 487.50, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was up 0.58% to settle at 31.160 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which gained 0.43% to close at 25.400.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 21.67% to 32.90 in late trade, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which lost 13.09% to settle at 59.100 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 5.67% to 11.14 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which rose 0.73% to 35.70, CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was up 0.50% to settle at 43.920 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 0.24% to close at 61.650.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 9.12% to 53.80 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 7.00% to settle at 48.360 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 6.42% to 135.225 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 567 to 155 and 61 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 6.69% to 19.64 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.37% or 4.60 to $1251.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.99% or 0.72 to hit $73.48 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.10% or 0.08 to trade at $77.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.24% to 1.1581, while EUR/GBP rose 0.39% to 0.8844.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 94.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.