The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 0.41% or 0.16 points to trade at 39.64 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 0.34% or 0.070 points to end at 20.670 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 0.24% or 0.160 points to 66.760 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 4.55% or 0.407 points to trade at 8.542 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 3.00% or 0.560 points to end at 18.130 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 2.74% or 0.540 points to 19.200.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which rose 1.07% to 13.6750, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was up 1.03% to settle at 40.090 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which gained 0.75% to close at 21.42.
The worst performers were Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 5.84% to 37.40 in late trade, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which lost 4.75% to settle at 29.700 and CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was down 4.22% to 35.820 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which fell 0.86% to 16.150, Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which was down 1.30% to settle at 31.160 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which lost 1.38% to close at 19.725.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 11.89% to 166.525 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 8.87% to settle at 17.06 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 8.22% to 10.830 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 544 to 176 and 59 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was unchanged 0.00% to 16.85.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.29% or 15.50 to $1190.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.67% or 0.50 to hit $73.84 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.95% or 0.80 to trade at $83.36 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.44% to 1.1473, while EUR/GBP rose 0.08% to 0.8786.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 95.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.