The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 1.35% or 0.390 points to trade at 29.260 at the close. Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) added 0.11% or 0.030 points to end at 26.750 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was down 0.02% or 0.010 points to 60.600 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 2.94% or 0.675 points to trade at 22.315 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 2.91% or 0.675 points to end at 22.525 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 2.67% or 4.75 points to 173.35.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which rose 1.14% to 11.135, STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which was up 0.70% to settle at 81.950 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which gained 0.62% to close at 53.790.
The worst performers were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was down 2.77% to 50.15 in late trade, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which lost 2.52% to settle at 14.29 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was down 2.49% to 107.65 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 2.71% to 65.850, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 2.45% to settle at 31.210 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 0.83% to close at 79.970.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 5.75% to 8.043 in late trade, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which lost 5.05% to settle at 11.750 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 4.27% to 77.060 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 534 to 223 and 23 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 14.18% to 16.13 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.77% or 9.74 to $1282.94 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.76% or 1.01 to hit $58.41 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.82% or 1.14 to trade at $63.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.01% to 1.1904, while EUR/GBP rose 0.22% to 0.8819.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 92.77.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.