The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 0.71% or 0.150 points to trade at 21.410 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) fell 0.04% or 0.040 points to end at 90.660 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was down 0.05% or 0.05 points to 104.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 4.09% or 0.510 points to trade at 11.948 in late trade. Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) declined 2.43% or 0.720 points to end at 28.860 and Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) shed 2.26% or 2.48 points to 107.02.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which rose 2.01% to 34.580, Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was up 1.55% to settle at 111.20 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which gained 1.44% to close at 67.000.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 2.99% to 10.875 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 2.41% to settle at 68.72 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 2.31% to 12.89 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 5.42% to 16.350, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was up 2.88% to settle at 153.50 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 1.33% to close at 95.050.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 4.24% to 11.065 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 3.24% to settle at 42.400 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 3.09% to 25.080 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 585 to 164 and 56 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 50.80% to 40.07 a new 5-year high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.14% or 1.80 to $1320.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.03% or 1.85 to hit $59.30 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 2.82% or 1.83 to trade at $62.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.20% to 1.2223, while EUR/GBP rose 0.70% to 0.8864.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 90.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.