The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 1.20% or 0.235 points to trade at 19.835 at the close. Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) fell 0.13% or 0.25 points to end at 190.50 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) was down 0.23% or 0.200 points to 86.580 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 2.79% or 0.705 points to trade at 24.575 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 2.42% or 4.55 points to end at 183.10 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 2.33% or 0.675 points to 28.235.
The top performers on the MDAX were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which rose 1.65% to 44.475, Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which was up 1.45% to settle at 82.620 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which gained 1.34% to close at 3.40.
The worst performers were Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 3.00% to 62.770 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 2.99% to settle at 64.62 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 2.98% to 54.330 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 5.43% to 7.936, S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was up 5.05% to settle at 18.084 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which gained 4.59% to close at 75.610.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 5.77% to 11.515 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 2.99% to settle at 13.155 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 2.57% to 33.955 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 454 to 294 and 37 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.78% to 13.22.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.70% or 8.99 to $1290.69 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.71% or 0.97 to hit $57.80 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.66% or 0.41 to trade at $62.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.43% to 1.1789, while EUR/GBP rose 0.07% to 0.8870.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.49% at 93.43.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.