Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 1.12%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Insurance , Consumer & Cyclical and Construction sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 1.12%, while the MDAX index lost 1.07%, and the TecDAX index lost 1.15%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 3.68% or 0.328 points to trade at 9.230 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.77% or 0.145 points to end at 19.045 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) was up 0.47% or 0.90 points to 190.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 4.14% or 0.480 points to trade at 11.115 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 3.78% or 0.585 points to end at 14.880 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) shed 2.96% or 5.90 points to 193.40.
The top performers on the MDAX were Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which rose 1.72% to 60.390, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 1.49% to settle at 19.100 and Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which gained 1.10% to close at 12.440.
The worst performers were Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was down 6.73% to 45.010 in late trade, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which lost 3.44% to settle at 11.80 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 2.81% to 54.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 1.78% to 67.500, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 1.03% to settle at 38.115 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which lost 0.25% to close at 64.800.
The worst performers were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 5.76% to 41.810 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 4.65% to settle at 86.490 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 4.58% to 16.669 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 575 to 193 and 24 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 15.66% to 14.96.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.22% or 15.38 to $1277.98 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.39% or 0.19 to hit $49.36 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.59% or 0.31 to trade at $52.45 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.12% to 1.1738, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.9033.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 93.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or