The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ), which rose 0.15% or 0.3000 points to trade at 196.2000 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) fell 0.14% or 0.30 points to end at 214.90 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was down 0.23% or 0.050 points to 21.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 3.81% or 0.890 points to trade at 22.490 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.89% or 3.05 points to end at 158.05 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 1.78% or 1.240 points to 68.580.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which rose 3.10% to 58.150, RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was up 1.89% to settle at 64.600 and Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which gained 1.39% to close at 7.685.
The worst performers were Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 3.89% to 47.46 in late trade, MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which lost 3.38% to settle at 188.90 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 3.08% to 39.700 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 12.38% to 59.90, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 2.06% to settle at 43.600 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 1.83% to close at 31.240.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 5.01% to 19.700 in late trade, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which lost 2.99% to settle at 42.500 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 1.94% to 3.583 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 450 to 234 and 96 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 7.62% to 16.76.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.01% or 0.10 to $1204.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.60% or 0.42 to hit $69.83 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.40% or 0.31 to trade at $77.71 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.69% to 1.1587, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8948.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.54% at 95.15.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.