Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 1.02%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Basic Resources , Industrials and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 1.02%, while the MDAX index lost 1.81%, and the TecDAX index fell 2.29%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ), which rose 6.07% or 10.03 points to trade at 175.18 at the close. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) added 0.39% or 0.40 points to end at 102.70 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 0.05% or 0.010 points to 21.230 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 3.36% or 0.890 points to trade at 25.610 in late trade. BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) declined 2.29% or 1.980 points to end at 84.420 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 2.25% or 0.510 points to 22.180.
The top performers on the MDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which unchanged 0.07% to 0.15, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was up 0.82% to settle at 13.550 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which gained 0.70% to close at 17.150.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which was down 8.00% to 48.300 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 4.71% to settle at 143.70 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 4.42% to 44.560 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 0.94% to 58.850, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 0.83% to settle at 13.430 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which gained 0.27% to close at 54.750.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 6.09% to 14.707 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 5.38% to settle at 132.700 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 5.17% to 247.50 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 517 to 175 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 9.54% to 16.49.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.74% or 9.90 to $1323.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.01% or 0.01 to hit $67.69 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.50% or 0.37 to trade at $73.49 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.49% to 1.2173, while EUR/GBP fell 0.19% to 0.8734.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.46% at 90.98.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or