The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 0.83% or 0.780 points to trade at 94.280 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.51% or 0.120 points to end at 23.850 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) was up 0.12% or 0.25 points to 205.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which lost 3.44% or 3.500 points to trade at 98.380 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 2.63% or 2.69 points to end at 99.76 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) shed 2.62% or 2.38 points to 88.34.
The top performers on the MDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 1.89% to 75.300, Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was up 1.55% to settle at 48.600 and Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which gained 1.45% to close at 69.850.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 3.76% to 19.730 in late trade, MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which lost 3.70% to settle at 203.20 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 3.51% to 22.56 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which rose 3.84% to 43.840, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 1.89% to settle at 75.300 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 0.59% to close at 30.6300.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 4.38% to 9.500 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 3.62% to settle at 20.240 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) which was down 3.44% to 98.380 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 470 to 224 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.36% to 15.17.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.51% or 6.65 to $1308.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.51% or 0.33 to hit $64.07 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.65% or 0.46 to trade at $70.64 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1264, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8626.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 96.613.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.