The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 2.03% or 1.400 points to trade at 70.320 at the close. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) added 0.99% or 0.40 points to end at 40.78 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) was up 0.70% or 0.520 points to 75.020 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 3.40% or 0.300 points to trade at 8.520 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 2.63% or 0.465 points to end at 17.245 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 2.41% or 1.300 points to 52.700.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 6.45% to 49.66, Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was up 1.37% to settle at 7.410 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 1.34% to close at 120.600.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 10.19% to 35.060 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 6.16% to settle at 73.720 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 5.86% to 110.900 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Takkt AG O.N. (DE: TTKG ) which rose 6.86% to 14.960, Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was up 3.02% to settle at 3.25 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 2.97% to close at 19.7700.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 7.32% to 13.68 in late trade, Sixt AG ST O.N. (DE: SIXG ) which lost 5.51% to settle at 86.550 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 5.47% to 18.310 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 516 to 183 and 74 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.29% to 21.17.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.95% or 11.70 to $1240.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.16% or 0.11 to hit $67.44 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.47% or 0.36 to trade at $77.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.28% to 1.1406, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8887.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 96.12.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.