The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 0.99% or 0.44 points to trade at 44.89 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 0.61% or 1.70 points to end at 281.70 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 0.38% or 0.037 points to 9.670 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 5.39% or 3.800 points to trade at 66.680 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 4.17% or 0.283 points to end at 6.505 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 4.06% or 0.495 points to 11.700.
The top performers on the MDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 2.36% to 31.220, Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was up 2.31% to settle at 21.240 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which gained 1.90% to close at 107.300.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 4.68% to 41.300 in late trade, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which lost 3.74% to settle at 40.62 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 3.48% to 35.480 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 2.36% to 31.220, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was up 0.53% to settle at 2.449 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 0.36% to close at 56.050.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 3.81% to 8.0200 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 3.70% to settle at 24.440 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 3.48% to 35.4800 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 451 to 223 and 87 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.34% to 13.60.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.02% or 0.35 to $1400.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.19% or 0.11 to hit $57.77 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.08% or 0.05 to trade at $64.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.1213, while EUR/GBP rose 0.37% to 0.8992.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 97.065.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.