The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 1.80% or 3.55 points to trade at 201.00 at the close. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) added 0.90% or 0.130 points to end at 14.550 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) was up 0.58% or 0.105 points to 18.280 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 4.80% or 2.660 points to trade at 52.780 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 4.76% or 0.443 points to end at 8.869 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 4.70% or 0.810 points to 16.435.
The top performers on the MDAX were MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which rose 3.09% to 173.70, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was up 2.49% to settle at 33.70 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 2.25% to close at 118.000.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 9.04% to 77.660 in late trade, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which lost 5.31% to settle at 34.950 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 4.56% to 50.260 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which rose 8.03% to 14.400, Takkt AG O.N. (DE: TTKG ) which was up 6.23% to settle at 13.300 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 5.85% to close at 19.000.
The worst performers were Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was down 10.21% to 7.4300 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 9.13% to settle at 7.8000 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 8.25% to 18.6800 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 432 to 273 and 73 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 11.31% to 21.56 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.13% or 1.60 to $1231.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.73% or 1.15 to hit $67.58 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.10% or 0.84 to trade at $77.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.69% to 1.1393, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8834.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.44% at 96.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.