The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 1.33% or 0.300 points to trade at 22.895 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 0.67% or 0.070 points to end at 10.545 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 0.66% or 1.30 points to 196.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ), which lost 2.83% or 2.550 points to trade at 87.420 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 2.35% or 2.75 points to end at 114.10 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 1.10% or 0.310 points to 27.760.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which rose 5.05% to 69.000, Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was up 2.50% to settle at 15.360 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which gained 2.15% to close at 36.380.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 5.67% to 40.96 in late trade, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which lost 2.06% to settle at 71.700 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 1.73% to 13.38 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which rose 1.77% to 96.770, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 1.48% to settle at 81.450 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 0.85% to close at 41.400.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 5.74% to 41.545 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 5.50% to settle at 8.260 and Qiagen NV (DE: QGEN ) which was down 4.17% to 27.900 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 448 to 310 and 35 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.49% to 12.54.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.43% or 5.49 to $1276.11 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.28% or 0.16 to hit $57.19 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.75% or 0.48 to trade at $63.79 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.19% to 1.1588, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8806.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 94.80.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.