The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which rose 1.15% or 0.330 points to trade at 29.070 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 0.65% or 0.380 points to end at 58.640 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 0.46% or 0.68 points to 148.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which lost 3.53% or 3.700 points to trade at 100.980 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.73% or 3.50 points to end at 199.20 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 1.44% or 0.330 points to 22.540.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 1.58% to 35.93, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was up 1.02% to settle at 59.450 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which gained 0.79% to close at 11.54.
The worst performers were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 4.75% to 481.00 in late trade, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which lost 2.60% to settle at 76.540 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 2.01% to 63.44 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 3.71% to 117.400, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was up 2.99% to settle at 41.620 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 1.86% to close at 16.685.
The worst performers were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 2.69% to 65.000 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which lost 2.54% to settle at 32.980 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 2.52% to 48.720 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 402 to 291 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.14% to 14.45.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.92% or 11.30 to $1216.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.41% or 0.28 to hit $68.03 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.29% or 0.21 to trade at $72.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.27% to 1.1607, while EUR/GBP rose 0.36% to 0.8938.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.42% at 95.24.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.