The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 1.61% or 4.05 points to trade at 255.50 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 0.80% or 0.145 points to end at 18.245 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 0.62% or 1.050 points to 169.550 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 6.06% or 0.808 points to trade at 12.520 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) declined 5.06% or 3.530 points to end at 66.270 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 3.24% or 1.58 points to 47.26.
The top performers on the MDAX were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which rose 2.49% to 555.50, Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which was up 1.63% to settle at 14.330 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which gained 1.56% to close at 29.25.
The worst performers were Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 8.57% to 18.9900 in late trade, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which lost 5.07% to settle at 37.65 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 3.40% to 32.990 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which rose 3.57% to 62.350, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was up 0.38% to settle at 32.120 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 0.23% to close at 173.200.
The worst performers were Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 8.44% to 19.017 in late trade, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which lost 2.34% to settle at 20.84 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 2.08% to 51.750 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 439 to 244 and 88 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.71% to 15.54.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.83% or 10.65 to $1275.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.10% or 0.06 to hit $62.81 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.69% or 0.50 to trade at $72.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.07% to 1.1164, while EUR/GBP rose 0.52% to 0.8774.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 97.778.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.