The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which rose 4.81% or 4.50 points to trade at 98.00 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 3.39% or 0.294 points to end at 8.969 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was up 2.57% or 1.340 points to 53.380 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 4.86% or 7.625 points to trade at 149.375 in late trade. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) declined 3.37% or 4.750 points to end at 136.050 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 3.21% or 2.14 points to 64.50.
The top performers on the MDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 6.67% to 41.280, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 5.33% to settle at 18.685 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which gained 2.13% to close at 86.48.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 5.44% to 77.160 in late trade, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which lost 4.14% to settle at 97.3000 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 3.85% to 30.180 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 14.33% to 0.12, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 3.20% to settle at 274.50 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 2.65% to close at 37.980.
The worst performers were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which was down 10.44% to 33.1200 in late trade, Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which lost 10.18% to settle at 40.600 and Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which was down 5.49% to 9.390 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 458 to 239 and 80 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.44% to 17.90.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.41% or 4.90 to $1204.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.94% or 1.08 to hit $56.77 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.97% or 1.29 to trade at $66.76 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.24% to 1.1317, while EUR/GBP fell 0.18% to 0.8684.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 96.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.