Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.46%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Consumer & Cyclical , Retail and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.46%, while the MDAX index lost 0.52%, and the TecDAX index declined 0.97%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 4.18% or 2.78 points to trade at 69.28 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 1.99% or 0.156 points to end at 7.984 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 0.42% or 0.64 points to 151.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which lost 9.61% or 8.740 points to trade at 82.160 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 4.24% or 4.02 points to end at 90.86 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 2.38% or 0.560 points to 22.950.
The top performers on the MDAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which rose 4.64% to 7.097, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 3.17% to settle at 23.460 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which gained 2.65% to close at 18.9550.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 3.15% to 138.300 in late trade, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which lost 3.04% to settle at 59.100 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 2.99% to 89.2500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which rose 2.65% to 18.955, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 2.13% to settle at 11.250 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 1.79% to close at 22.700.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 4.42% to 9.300 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 3.15% to settle at 138.300 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 2.99% to 89.250 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 438 to 261 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.55% to 16.11.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.55% or 7.35 to $1321.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.28% or 1.82 to hit $57.32 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.26% or 1.48 to trade at $66.84 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.13% to 1.1370, while EUR/GBP fell 0.64% to 0.8544.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 96.032.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or